Monday, February 19, 2007

In the 50s &60s

Back in the days when I was much younger ,I ran a service station and at the same time had a car driving service for car dealers.What that meant was lots of days I spent almost 24 hours a day 2 or 3 days a week working .When you are young you can do that .Sometimes I would work at the station until 9 pm then drive to Corpus Christi about 11 hours round trip. We would take as many as 20 cars at a time all with a driver .We had to have a car or cars to return.usually packed. I used mostly boys from high school.Made a lot also spent a lot. It was fun . In the end was mostly broke. Steve drove some for me.I think he could tell a good story or 2 about those trips. ask him... love Daddy Ken

2 comments:

Steve and Joan said...

This is cool! I really do like this! Thank you! Keep em coming!!!

Staci said...

Dad told us about the time ya'll hitchhiked back home. One time we even stopped at the place where ya'll slept for awhile and took a picture. It was a famous place (in my mind) because we'd heard the story so many times!